Monday, January 25, 2010

Eat From the Pantry Challenge- The End!

This is our final week of eating from the pantry. My freezer and pantry are much more under control- meaning not just that I've weeded through and used some things that needed to be used up, but also that I've taken inventory so I know what I have for future meals!

We were also able to save a lot on groceries this month! While I did exceed our goal of $50 for the month by about $15, $65 for a family of four (well, three who actually eat solid food :-) isn't bad for the month.

This week we're eating:

Taco Soup

Hot Dogs with Pioneer Woman's Chili

Leftovers

Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings (omitting the packaged seasoning)

Dinner with the in-laws

Sweet Potato Manicotti

Mexican Chicken

My freezer is getting pretty empty, so I'm excited to participate in Life as MOM and Money Saving Mom's Freezer Cooking Day(s). I'll be doing the prep for some of my meals tomorrow, since my in-laws will have the big boy, taking my stock-up trip on Saturday (date night with the hubby!) and cooking on Sunday.

I'll blog about my progress with all of that throughout the week!

1 comment:

  1. I've cooked some ahead for this weekend, too. My Father in Law gets home Saturday evening so I'll have a shorter day in which to cook - scrambled the eggs and cooked the sausage for my burritos last week. :)

    ReplyDelete