Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Breaking Bread- Weeks 1 & 2 Recap

Breaking Bread

I'm cutting myself a little slack, since I hatched this plan last week, and basically had a day to complete a food or fellowship activity for last week. Here's a brief recap, though.

The first week of January (Week 1) I was happy to be able to take a meal (my beef stew) to a friend whose mother-in-law passed away. I feel like the act of taking a meal to someone is more than just giving them a night off cooking. When someone brings me a meal, I feel taken care of, and nourished both in body and spirit. I suppose this is one of the things I'm hoping to accomplish with this little experiment. Sharing the experience of nourishment in the body of Christ.

Last week we celebrated my nephew's birthday, and shared a meal with family. Although I didn't prepare this meal, the act of sharing a meal with family is always a blessing, so I'm letting it slide! :-)

Stay tuned to see what fun my journey takes me on this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment