Thursday, March 4, 2010

Fall Nostalgia?

While I'm definitely busy celebrating the fact that Spring might actually come this year (was anyone else in doubt?!), I took one look at all the leftover cans of pumpkin in my pantry today and had to try some pumpkin cookies. Here's what I came up with!

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 C flour

3/4 C brown sugar

1/2 t baking soda

1/2 t nutmeg

1 t cinnamon

1/2 t salt

1/2 C butter (room temp)

1/4 C coconut oil

1 egg, beaten

1 C pumpkin puree

1 1/2 C oats

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In your food processor (or by hand) mix flour, sugar, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter and oil and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add pumpkin and egg. Stir in oats by hand (I had to transfer to a large bow, since my food processor wasn't big enough). Drop spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes.

No picture, because the batch I made up was gone too soon! The rest of the batter is sitting in my fridge waiting to be baked, because a certain 5 month old is soooo fussy today, I couldn't finish baking! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this, I will definitely be trying it! I was just thinking recently that I need to use up some more of the winter squash puree I have in my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Courtney! I found your blog when I was searching for info on HyVee's VAT pasteurized milk (that we now love!) and I've been enjoying reading through your old posts! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making me wish I had some pumpkin on hand!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these today for our homeschool co-op and everyone loved them! I used whole wheat flour, sucanat in place of the brown sugar, and threw in a handful of chocolate chips and a splash of vanilla. Mmm... :)

    ReplyDelete